Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare payments, audits, overpayments, appeals, exclusions and revocations.
If one of these agencies is auditing your practice or business, has revoked your billing privileges, or you are facing an audit, appeal, revocation or exclusion, you need an attorney who understands the system. Issues involving Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare audits or fraud allegations cannot be satisfactorily resolved by a lawyer without special expertise. If you receive a notice from any of these agencies, you must act fast because there is likely to be a critical deadline. For example, a preliminary Medicaid audit becomes final if it is not promptly addressed.
There are thousands of regulatory compliance requirements governing Medicare and Medicaid billing and reimbursement. They apply to billing by any provider, including physicians, nurses, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. If you or your facility or business have been accused of Medicare fraud or overpayments, you need an attorney who has experience dealing with these issues. Attorney Christine C. Whitney has represented physicians and providers in Medicare and Medicaid audits for more than 30 years.
Prompt, thorough representation
You should immediately contact the law firm of Christine C. Whitney, P.A. if you have received a notice of an audit, a request for documentation or a demand from any of the following state or federal agencies:
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS), which administers the Medicare and Medicaid programs at the federal level
- The Office of Inspector General of the federal Department of Health and Human Services(OIG), which has the authority to permanently exclude you from federally funded healthcare programs
- First Coast Service Options(FCSO), a subsidiary of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, which serves as the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for Medicare in Florida
- The Agency for Healthcare Administration(AHCA), which administers the Medicaid program in Florida
- A Recovery Audit Contractor for Medicaid(RAC), such as Connolly Consulting in Florida
- A Zone Protective Independent Contractor for Medicare(ZPIC), such as SafeGuard Services in Florida
- A Medicare or Medicaid Managed Care Organization (MCO)
Each agency has its own strict deadlines within which you must respond. Having accurate, prompt legal advice is very important for a positive outcome to your audit. Attorney Christine C. Whitney has a unique understanding of the audit process, having worked as Director of Legal Affairs for a Medicare Administrative Contractor.
Experienced legal service for healthcare providers
Attorney Whitney knows the healthcare industry and the players. She was one of the first attorneys certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in healthcare law, and is well-respected in her field. She has the knowledge, skill and experience to handle any health law issue or health law dispute.
Get the personalized legal services you deserve. Call Christine C. Whitney today.
Christine C. Whitney, P.A. provides quality health law audit services to healthcare professionals throughout Florida and nationwide. To find out what the firm can do for you, call 904.356.4387 or contact the firm online.