Medicare and Medicaid payments, audits, appeals and exclusions and revocation of provider status.
If Medicare or Medicaid has revoked your provider billing privileges, or when you are facing a payment dispute, an audit, appeal, or exclusion, you need an attorney who understands the system. You may be involved in a Medicare overpayment situation, a prepayment review, or receive a notice from Medicaid Fraud Control, or receive a preliminary or final Medicaid audit.
There are thousands of regulatory compliance requirements governing Medicare and Medicaid billing and reimbursement. They apply to billing by any provider, including physicians, hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. Issues involving alleged Medicare overpayments or Medicare fraud cannot be satisfactorily resolved by a lawyer without special expertise. If you or your facility have been accused of Medicare fraud or overpayments, you need an attorney who has experience dealing with these issues. Attorney Christine C. Whitney has represented physicians and providers in Medicare and Medicaid audits for more than 20 years.
Prompt, thorough representation
You should immediately contact the law firm of Christine C. Whitney, P.A. if you have received a notice of an audit, a request for documentation or a demand from any of the following:
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), which administers the Medicare and Medicaid programs at the federal level
- The Office of Inspector General of the federal Department of Health and Human Services (OIG), which has the authority to permanently exclude you from federally funded healthcare programs
- First Coast Service Options (FCSO), a subsidiary of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, which serves as the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for Medicare in Florida
- The Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA), which administers the Medicaid program in Florida
- A Recovery Audit Contractor for Medicaid (RAC), such as Connolly Consulting in Florida
- A Zone Protective Independent Contractor for Medicare (ZPIC), such as SafeGuard Services in Florida
- A Medicare or Medicaid Managed Care Organization (MCO)
Each agency has its own strict deadlines within which you must respond. Having accurate, prompt legal advice is very important for a positive outcome to your audit. Attorney Christine C. Whitney has a unique understanding of the audit process, having worked as Director of Legal Affairs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida.
Experienced legal service for healthcare providers
Attorney Whitney knows the healthcare industry inside and out. She was one of the first attorneys certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in healthcare law, and is well-respected in her field. She has the knowledge, skill and experience to handle any health law issue or health law dispute.
Get the personalized legal services you deserve. Call Christine C. Whitney today.
Christine C. Whitney, P.A. provides quality health law audit services to healthcare professionals throughout Florida and nationwide. To find out what the firm can do for you, call 904.356.4387 or contact the firm online.