Health law attorney in Jacksonville, FL
Attorney Christine C. Whitney has been practicing health law for over 38 years and is licensed in both Florida and California. Her practice is dedicated solely to healthcare regulatory and transactional matters and alternative dispute resolution. She represents medical providers and health care practitioners in business, regulatory and operational issues and reimbursement disputes.
She handles joint ventures, contractual matters, state licensure, medical staff issues and the relationships between hospitals and physicians. She also serves as an arbitrator, mediator and hearing officer in health law disputes. Attorney Whitney was one of the first attorneys to be certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in healthcare law in 1995.
Ms. Whitney has devoted her entire professional career to health care issues. She has practiced health law in government, as in-house counsel and in private law firm settings. She is the former Director of Legal Affairs for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida.
Prompt, personal attention
As head of the firm, Attorney Whitney personally assists in the representation of each of her clients. You will not pay for time spent on your project by multiple attorneys or spend your time educating multiple personnel about the facts of your situation.
Call today for personalized health law legal services
Christine C. Whitney, P.A. provides personalized, quality health law services to healthcare professionals throughout Florida and nationwide. To find out what the firm can do for you, call 904-356-4387 or contact the firm online.
Ms. Whitney is a frequent speaker and presenter on health law topics. Since 1995, she has been an annual presenter at the annual Advanced Health Law Topics and Certification Review Course sponsored by The Florida Bar.
- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Health Care
- Hospital Law
- California, 1976
- Florida, 1985
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1976
- M.A., Comparative Literature, University of California at Berkley, 1969
- B.A., English and Spanish, cum laude, Linfield College, 1966
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar (Past Chair, Health Law Section)
- The State Bar of California
- American Arbitration Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Arbitration Association, Panel Member, 2020
- Florida Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- Federal Bar Association (Jacksonville Chapter)
- Member, National Legal Committee, American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, 1992 – 1994
- Certified as an Arbitrator and Mediator in Health Law by the Alternative Dispute Resolution Service of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Board Certified, Health Law, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers
- Contributing author for three editions of “The Health Law Handbook” published by The Florida Bar, 2002 - Present
- Co-Author: “Choice of Entity Issues for Syndication of Institutional Providers,” Jacksonville Medicine, The Journal of the Duval County Medical Society, February 1990
- Author: “Safe Harbors,” Medical Precis, The Journal of Polk County Medical Association, April 1990
- Author: “Antitrust Issues for Physicians,” Jacksonville Medicine, The Journal of the Duval County Medical Society, March 1989
- Author: “How to Avoid a Medicare Part B Overpayment,” Florida Orthopedic Society Journal, Winter 1991
- Author: “Developments in Federal Anti-Dumping Legislation,” Jacksonville Medicine, July 1989