Health law attorney in Jacksonville, FL
Attorney Christine C. Whitney has been practicing health law for over 40 years and is licensed in both Florida and California. Her practice is dedicated solely to healthcare licensing, regulatory and transactional matters and alternative dispute resolution. She represents physicians, nurses and other health care providers in licensing, regulatory, operational and reimbursement disputes and business issues.
She handles contracts, state licensure, medical staff issues and the relationships between hospitals, physicians and nurses. She also serves as an arbitrator, mediator and hearing officer in health law disputes. Attorney Whitney was one of the first attorneys to be certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in healthcare law in 1995.
Ms. Whitney has devoted her entire professional career to health care issues. She has practiced health law in government, as in-house counsel and in private law firm settings. She is the former Director of Legal Affairs for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida.
Prompt, personal attention
As head of the firm, Attorney Whitney personally assists in the representation of every client. You will not pay for time spent on your project by multiple attorneys or spend your time educating multiple personnel about the facts of your situation.
Call today for personalized health law legal services
Christine C. Whitney, P.A. provides personalized, quality health law services to healthcare professionals throughout Florida and nationwide. To find out what the firm can do for you, call 904-356-4387 or contact the firm online.
For 19 years, Ms. Whitney was a presenter at the annual Advanced Health Law Topics and Certification Review Course sponsored by The Florida Bar.
- Representing Physicians
- Representing Nurses
- Representing all Licensed Health Care Professionals
- Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance audits and investigations
- Health Care arbitration and mediation
- Ms. Whitney was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1976
- Ms. Whitney was admitted admitted to the Florida Bar in 1985
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1976
- M.A., Comparative Literature, University of California at Berkley, 1969
- B.A., English and Spanish, cum laude, Linfield College, 1966
- The Florida Bar (Past Chair, Health Law Section)
- The State Bar of California
- Panel Member, American Arbitration Association
- American Health Law Association
- Board Certified in Health Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers
- Contributing author for three editions of “The Health Law Handbook” published by The Florida Bar, 2002 - Present
- Co-Author: “Choice of Entity Issues for Syndication of Institutional Providers,” Jacksonville Medicine, The Journal of the Duval County Medical Society, February 1990
- Author: “Safe Harbors,” Medical Precis, The Journal of Polk County Medical Association, April 1990
- Author: “Antitrust Issues for Physicians,” Jacksonville Medicine, The Journal of the Duval County Medical Society, March 1989
- Author: “How to Avoid a Medicare Part B Overpayment,” Florida Orthopedic Society Journal, Winter 1991
- Author: “Developments in Federal Anti-Dumping Legislation,” Jacksonville Medicine, July 1989