Experienced Florida Health Law Attorney
30 years representing healthcare professionals
Christine C. Whitney, P.A. has been representing Florida’s healthcare professionals with expertise and integrity since 1993. Ms. Whitney has extensive experience working within the healthcare industry. As the firm’s founder and executive partner, she provides the personalized service that is often missing at larger firms. In 2020, the firm celebrated its 30th anniversary serving the needs of healthcare professionals.
In 1995, Ms. Whitney became one of the first attorneys certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in healthcare law, and she is well known and well respected in the field. She knows the industry and the regulatory agencies, and has the knowledge, skill and experience to handle any health law issue or health law dispute. She considers herself an engineer of the law because she crafts transactions for her clients that are structured to last. Resolutions are reached and decisions made to serve the client well over the long term in the marketplace and regulatory environment. Her service philosophy is “Do it right.”
She is the former Director of Legal Affairs for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, a Medicare Administrative Contractor.
Christine C. Whitney handles:
- State and federal healthcare investigations
- Medicare and Medicaid audits, payments, overpayments, appeals, exclusions and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Professional licensing of all healthcare professionals, including physicians and nurses
- Hospital privileges, medical staff issues, peer review and credentialing, impaired practitioners, National Practitioner Data Bank issues
- Contracts and business arrangements, including mergers, acquisitions, structural and operational issues; fraud and abuse, the Anti-Kickback law, self-referral and the Stark Law
- Clinic licenses and the Florida Health Care Clinic Law
Christine C. Whitney, P.A. provides dispute resolution services to healthcare providers on request, and through the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
- Arbitration involving national health care systems, commercial insurers, Medicare and Medicaid, hospital chains, physician groups, independent diagnostic testing facilities (IDTF), imaging groups, pharmacies, and other medical providers
- Mediation for hospitals, health systems, physicians, durable medical equipment (DME) providers, skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and other medical providers
- Medical staff hearings
- Skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies
- This firm represents skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies with many types of operation and reimbursement issues, including
- Payment and reimbursement issues
- Medicare and Medicaid audits
- Transfer of ownership
- Surveys and investigations
- Medical Director Agreements
- Administrator licensing
- Sale or purchase of entity
Get the personalized legal service you deserve. Call us today.
We provide expert health law services to healthcare professionals throughout Florida and nationwide. To find out what the firm can do for you, call (904) 356-4387 or contact the firm online.